Sunday, May 27, 2012

Jewelry, hugs, and laughter!


Sarah and I stayed up until 4:30am making JEWELRY! Which means I am now in possession of three new pairs of feathered earrings and one pair of stone earrings with a matching bracelet!! WOO!! I expect we’ll spend some more time on crafts… I mean you really can’t have too many feathered earrings! 

We watched movies as we sat in the living room and created. It seems we can agree on a few English-speaking movies, Dirty Dancing and Brothers, at least. Brothers was frightening and sad… I was oddly unhappy with the ending. Isaiah stayed up with us for a while and made earrings. He’s a very talented young man… in so many ways. I’m so glad I get to spend time with him.

Sarah, Mikah, and I spent the afternoon clearance shopping for jewelry/craft stuff! OMG! Mikah is such a doll. He likes to randomly hug me and tell me he loves me. SO CUTE! The other day he said, “I love you to the sky!” Aww…. Which reminds me… the chick Mikah immediately presented me with on Tuesday has been in the making for a while. Sarah has been so excited about hanging it up in the house… oops! Hehe!

Then we went to dinner at a Hibachi grill. Mikah could obviously work there... he knows all the jokes and exactly what is going to happen next! It was delicious and fantastic! On the car ride home we rolled the windows down and sang at the top of our lungs. I forget how soothing and comforting riding in the car at night can be…. I guess it’s from growing up riding in the Big Truck with my dad.

We came home to rowdy teenage boys… who make me laugh so hard!!! It’s a shame I find their crude humor so hilarious most of the time. But now the house is quiet… like I can hear the crickets outside quiet… so weird!!!

So far the summer mix-tape includes these songs:

Love is a battlefield by Pat Benatar
Little Red Corvette by Prince
Rumor Has It by Adele
Happy Ending by Mika
Hallelujah by Rufus Wainwright performed by Isaiah and Jose

No comments:

Post a Comment